Thursday, February 14, 2008

Camtasia: Nice way to create training videos

So you want to create a video and publish it to your blog, ipod, or just about any format. Well Camtasia is the answer that you are looking for. This product has helped me create some nice videos showing a brief overview of the functionality of my website for new customers. The software allowed me to easily do a screen capture of my site, and then do a voice overlay later.

To create the video I found it helpful to first go through and cut points that you want to cover up into different topics. Then capture each one of those videos individually. Once you have done this you can add all of the videos together into the Producer section, where you can create a story board and add the voice over as needed.

Camtasia will allow you to execute your videos into the following formats:

  • MP3
  • iPod video
  • Flash (SWF and FLV)
  • AVI
  • Silverlight compatible WMV
  • QuickTime (MOV)
  • RealMedia (RM)
  • Animated GIF
  • Executable (EXE)
Tushar Joshi, Nagpur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the blog and reading my blog post. Please post your opinion / suggestion for me here.